CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

Parenting Lesson #263

Never leave dog bowls on the floor!

Today when I was cleaning Avery's highchair out from her wonderful morning mess of waffles and applesauce, she was busy crawling around the kitchen, looking for treasures,terrorizing Jack, and other fun games that babies like to play. She crawled over to Jack's bowls, I assumed to play in his water bowl (also a fun pastime). When I turned around to get her and remove her from said "bowl of big wet fun" I noticed she was drooling...a LOT..big puddles of yellow drool. My first instinct was to check her mouth so I did and fished out a piece of dog food! YUCK! I put her back down and noticed she was STILL drooling like a starving dog with a steak in front of his nose. I checked her mouth again, and actually stuck my finger along her gum line next to her cheek. Low and behold, what did I find? 2 more pieces of dog food stuffed in her cheeks like a little chipmunk! Apparently it was very good, since she was not happy with me for removing her findings from her new special hiding place!

3 comments:

Amy said...

mean mommy! kibble is yummy, dont you know??

A. Dennette said...

Mmmm Meat flavor!

Theresa Patch's Thirty-One said...

Oh my goodness - I would have loved to hear you say Avery you are not suppose to eat the dog food :)