CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun in St. Augustine

Today Avery and I went to downtown St. Augustine with my mom and Caden. Caden had never been and thought it was so neat to hear about all the history and see the sights. We saw the oldest school house in the U.S. and did a lot of window shopping, stopping along the way for pizza and ice cream. Avery got her first taste of peach ice cream today thanks to her Gigi! "OOOH! What's this?"
"That's not half bad!"
"Here, let me help you with that spoon!"
"What do you mean I can't have any more?"


This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It's called the "Love Tree" It's a palm tree growing out of an oak tree. It's said that when a couple kisses under the tree their love will last forever. I think I need to drag Jim there!

And speaking of Jim, we have a horrible method of cheap fun in our house. It's called the waiting game! Essentially it's just hiding out for LONG periods of time and jumping out, scaring the crap out of each other. I got him GOOD tonight! I must have been hiding beside the sofa in the living room for over 10 minutes waiting for him to come out of the kitchen! I was standing there so long that Jack got tired of staring at me, trying to give away my hiding space as he normally does, and went and laid down in the bedroom! Jim finally came out of the kitchen with his bowl full of watermelon chunks and I gloriously emerged from my hiding place. What I didn't know was that he had a bite in his mouth. Needless to say I was called not nice things once he cleared the watermelon that had become lodged in his throat and cleaned the blood from his self-inflicted bite on the lip! Oh well, it served it's purpose for me! I got a good laugh out of it and eventually so did he, although I have a feeling I need to watch my back for the next week or so!

1 comments:

A. Dennette said...

hah! Thats hilarious! I'd watch my back for sure!

Oh and where is that love tree? What part of St. Aug?